Is it a parent’s responsibility to teach their children simple manners, or does that fall in the teacher’s job descrption?
A Portugese school made it very clear that it was the first one.
The school put up a poster on its walls and the message on it is going viral worldwide. And for good reasons.
The poster was posted on Facebook and it spread rapidly. The message was a simple one that had 5 points that the parents should teach their children.
The message was:
– We would like to remind you that magic words such as hello, please, you’re welcome, I’m sorry, and thank you, all begin to be learned at home
– It’s also at home that children learn to be honest, to be on time, diligent, show friends their sympathy, as well as show utmost respect for their elders and all teachers.
– Home is where they learn to be clean, not talk with their mouths full, and how/where to properly dispose of garbage.
– Home is also where they learn to be organized, to take good care of their belongings, and that it’s not ok to touch others.
– Here at school, on the other hand, we teach language, math, history, geography, physics, sciences, and physical education. We only reinforce the education that children receive at home from their parents.
Do you think this school was right for posting this for the parents? let us know in the comment section below
Share this post with someone who needs to teach their children more responsibility